Dooars is a hub of picturesque beauty along with a wide range of dense forest and you must visit this place atleast once in a lifetime.
Dooars- ‘India’s doorway to Bhutan’
Dooars is also known as Duars are the foothills of the eastern Himalayas in Northeast India. Duar means ‘Doors’ which simply signifies that Dooars serve as the gateway to Bhutan from India. Bestowed with dense forests, vast tea plantations, zigzagged by several streams, Dooars have become an abode for nature lovers. Jhalong and Bindu valley are the most astounding places that offer a wonderful variation to your trip.
How To Reach Jhalong From Siliguri?
Siliguri, a quaint town in Northeast India, serves as the gateway to nearby destinations. Siliguri Car services are the most convenient way to reach Dooars. Here is a list where you will get rental cars to reach your destinations-
- Bagdogra Airport– At the airport, you will get the most reliable car rental services in Siliguri with a driver who will be well known to the whole route of your journey.
Distance from Bagdogra Airport to Jhalong: 111.6 km
- Siliguri Junction- Here you will also get reasonable car rental services for solo as well as for the group trip.
Distance from Siliguri Junction to Jhalong: 92.1 km
- New Jalpaiguri Railway Station- Avail the best car rental in Siliguri from this spot to reach Jhalong.
Distance from NJP to Jhalong: 92.4 km
Worried about the route from Jhalong to Bindu?
You should not! Bindu is located 9.3 km away from Jhalong, so you can reach easily by renting a car up to Bindu. You can also book your preferable car rental service through the online system by going through their websites.
Jhalong- ‘Abode of Pictorial beauty’
— Tuhin (@tuhinkd) May 9, 2017
Jhalong offers a perfect glimpse of heaven. Blessed with surreal beauty, the charm of cardamom plantations, and a scenic hanging bridge, Jhalong has emerged as one of the most favorite destinations in North Bengal. It also provides a great opportunity to explore numerous birds, such as-
- Eurasian Wryneck
- Crested Kingfisher
- Brown Dipper
- Little Forktail
- Hodgson’s Redstart
Best time to visit: October to November
Best Hotels to stay in Jhalong: Jaldhaka Forest Rest House, WBFDC Resort, and Green Island
Nearby Petrol Pumps: Chalsa Petrol Pump, Indian Oil Petrol Station etc.
Get Excited By Camping In Jhalong River-
— kolkata24x7 (@kolkata24x7) May 5, 2017
Astonishing location, serene ambiance, and great ambiance overlooking the beauty of Jhalong River Camp is an ideal spot to stay in Dooars.
If you want to know the different cultures of Dooars, there is no place better than to stay in River Camp.
There are total 10 tents in the Jhalong River Camp which are decked with modern amenities and also provide protection from the outside weather.
Some important tips for camping around Jhalong River-
- Carry your own water bottle as per your requirement.
- Here food options are limited, so it is advisable to bring some snacks or some foods with you.
- Don’t forget to take the necessary medicines.
- Brings some extra clothes along with warm clothes.
- Avoid camping during monsoon season as this time the level of the river may increase, which can be risky for you.
You should book Jhalong River Camp online in advance by directly going through this website- http://www.wbfdc.com/
Bindu- ‘A Quaint Village in Dooars’
Perched at an altitude of 2000ft, Bindu is one of the most iconic tourist destinations in Northeast India. The main attractions of this place-
- Godak Valley
- Dhuley Forest
- Dalgaon Village
Amidst the beauty of the greenish dense forest, you can also get the glimpse of Red Panda and Deer herd if you are lucky enough.
- Best time to visit: November to January
- Best Hotels to stay in Bindu: Humro Home Jhalong Resort and Paren Nature Resort
- Nearby Petrol Pumps: Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Indian Oil Petrol Station etc
Convinced? Then what are you waiting for? Plan your next trip in the lap of beauty and make your vacation memorable for a lifetime.
Q. What are the best sightseeing places in Dooars?
Q. What are the nearby restaurants in Jhalong?
A. The most popular nearby restaurants in Jhalong are Apple Stone Restaurant, The R J Restaurant etc where you will get the most delicious cuisines.